Dental implant abroad is a treatment that many foreigners seek in Turkey due to many reasons the most important of which is the cost.
Dental Implant Treatment
A dental implant is one of the dental treatments that aim mainly at restoring the full function of teeth by replacing the missing teeth. Dental implants come in different types and each can be chosen according to the needs of each patient.
Types of Dental Implants in Istanbul
All on four dental Implants
In this type of treatment, the dentist will install four implants to carry the dental prosthetic “artificial teeth” instead of installing individual implants.
This type of implant is suitable for patients who do not have a high bone density in their jaws.
Instead of using eight or more implants, the dentist will install four implants in each jaw to replace an entire set of teeth.
This implant is fixed, not removable, and lasts for at least 10 to 15 years with proper care.
The cost is significantly less than having individual implants to replace all teeth, and it is much more comfortable than removable dentures.
This is one of the most common dental implants, for your doctor to install this type of implant you have to have a good jawbone density. This type of implant is used to replace individual teeth by inserting screw-like titanium cylinders into the jawbone to infuse with it and form the root of the artificial teeth.
The bone is left for at least 6 months to heal and to give the chance to the implant to infuse correctly and fully with the bone is needed. During the healing period, your dentist will install temporary artificial teeth to maintain a natural smile. Subperiosteal Implants
This type of implant does not require inserting any objects inside the jawbone, unlike endosteal implants. Subperiosteal dental implants come in a form of a metal plate that rests on the bone underneath the gum.
This procedure is suitable for patients who do not have enough or a healthy jawbone or do not want to go through the same process of endosteal implants. This procedure is done in one session and does not affect the bone.
What to do before your dental implants in Istanbul?
If you decide on taking the trip to Istanbul and have your teeth done here you have to follow the following steps:
- Contact a trusted clinic or more for a free consultation.
- Provide the medical advisor with a detailed medical history and declare any health issues or use of medication for the dentist to provide you with a clear and accurate treatment plan.
- Your medical advisor will provide you with a report that includes your treatment plan and the expenses.
- Ask all the questions you want to ask before confirming your treatment.
- Make sure that there are no hidden fees that might appear later on.
- Get information about your accommodation and transportation.
- Take an appointment to see the dentist once you have arrived in the city to have a clear idea of what they will do and when.
- Arrange for your trip with your medical consultants so that you can make the most of it.
- Follow all the instructions that your dentist provides you before and after the procedure.
- Inquire about the follow-up process and make sure the clinic has one.
This treatment is one of the long-lasting treatments that should be done correctly and accurately from the first time, so make sure that you go to the right clinic with a record of successful similar procedures.
For a free consultation, you can contact our medical advisors now.